Hypoxic & Anoxic Brain Injury
Experienced Lawyers Representing Victims of Hypoxic & Anoxic Brain Injuries
For more than 30 years, Devereaux, Stokes, Fernandez & Leonard, P.C. has represented people in Missouri and Illinois who have suffered serious injuries as a result of another’s negligence. Quite a few of our clients have suffered hypoxic and anoxic brain injuries resulting in permanent brain damage, neurological damage, disability and other physical issues.
A hypoxic brain injury is caused by a decrease in the supply of oxygen going to the brain. An anoxic brain injury occurs when there is no oxygen going to the brain. Hypoxic and anoxic brain injuries occur under a variety of circumstances including the following:
- In car accidents resulting in entrapment in a car with carbon monoxide poisoning
- In any type of motor vehicle accident (including train accidents, bus accidents and forklift accidents), workplace accident or other traumatic event when crush injuries cut off a victim’s airway or circulation to the brain
- In medical care situations, such as when emergency endotracheal intubation is delayed or improperly performed
- In connection with strokes, heart attacks and other medical emergencies
- In fires and explosions
- As a result of medication errors, overdoses, drug interactions and administration of medication that results in an allergic reaction.
- During labor and delivery when a baby’s oxygen is cut off due to a breach delivery or any circumstance that causes the umbilical cord to be wrapped tightly around the neck of the baby.
- During anesthesia due to improper monitoring or misadministration of powerful drugs
Experience · Integrity · Results · Call 314-433-9131
If you are suffering from a hypoxic and anoxic brain injury, contact a trial attorney at the St. Louis law firm of Devereaux, Stokes, Fernandez & Leonard. Se habla español.