Devereaux Stokes’ Team of Medical Malpractice Lawyers Will Fight On Your Behalf
With more than 30 years of experience with the investigation and prosecution of medical malpractice claims, the trial lawyers of Devereaux, Stokes, Fernandez & Leonard provide dependable and resourceful client service in cases of improper diagnosis of illnesses or medical conditions such as infections, cancer, stroke, or heart disease. Contact us in St. Louis to find out how our experience can help you and your family.
Experience. Integrity. Results. Call 314-433-9131 or toll free 866-285-4611
Over the years, we have recovered more than $60 million in damages against physicians, hospitals, medical technicians, and other health care professionals whose negligent approach to patient care resulted in the wrong diagnosis and a delay in treatment. Because a doctor can’t treat an unidentified or misidentified medical condition, any failure to diagnose the patient’s condition correctly and soon enough for effective treatment can result in disastrous consequences for the patient and the patient’s family.
The following are examples of the kinds of health problems that can cause death or disability through failure to diagnose them timely and accurately:
- Inoperable or metastasized cancer reflecting a failure to diagnose malignancy, spot a tumor, or order a biopsy of a cancerous growth in a timely manner
- Heart disease resulting in cardiac arrest, loss of cardiovascular function, or interruption of the blood supply to the brain
- Risk of stroke, especially in emergency medicine settings
- Staph, strep or other infections that are overlooked in situations ranging from childbirth to postoperative recovery
- Internal organ problems such as kidney stones, inflammation of the gall bladder, appendicitis, or peritonitis
A physician’s negligent failure to diagnose illness or injury can occur in a family practitioner’s examination room, a hospital emergency room, a radiology lab, an obstetrics ward, or a postoperative recovery unit. Especially in cases where the disclosure and analysis of computer-generated diagnostic reports will be essential to proof of your medical malpractice claim, our experience with the litigation of misdiagnosis cases can help ensure that your case will be resolved on the basis of all of the evidence – not just the documents that the defendant’s malpractice insurer wants you to see.
For a free consultation about your rights and legal options in Missouri or Illinois, especially those instances involving errors of diagnosis, contact one of our experienced medical malpractice lawyers at the St. Louis law firm of Devereaux, Stokes, Fernandez & Leonard.
* CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties, Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings evaluate two categories–legal ability and general ethical standards.