POLICE MISCONDUCT LAWYERS
The attorneys of Devereaux, Stokes, Fernandez & Leonard represent clients with claims for damages resulting from negligence or intentional misconduct on the part of police, sheriff’s deputies, private security, or other emergency response personnel. For dependable advice about your rights in a case involving police brutality or other official misconduct, contact one of our AV-rated* police misconduct lawyers in St. Louis for a free consultation.
Experience. Integrity. Results. Call 314-433-9131 or toll free 866-285-4611
We represent members of the general public with claims for injuries suffered in encounters with police officers and other first responders, whether they involve misconduct, abuse or simple negligence. Examples of the kinds of police misconduct cases we handle include the following:
- Motor vehicle accidents resulting from high speed police chases
- Collisions with fire engines, ambulances, tow trucks, snow plows or other official first response vehicles
- Death or injury from gunshot wounds at the hands of police, off-duty police, or private security
- False arrest, false imprisonment or malicious prosecution
- Injuries resulting from the use of such non-lethal force devices as Tasers, tear gas, rubber bullets, night sticks, stun guns, or other means of crowd control or forced entry
- Excessive use of force by police officers or other law enforcement personnel
Our police misconduct lawyers represent clients with claims against officials and municipalities in St. Louis County, the city of St. Louis, and throughout Missouri and southern Illinois. We also handle cases involving private security contractors in commercial and residential buildings, schools, bars and other facilities.
The experience we have developed over our 30 years of operation helps us to recognize the difference between unfortunate accidents and the failure of an individual police officer to follow the procedures adopted precisely to protect the public while allowing law enforcement to perform its functions. Our familiarity with the investigation and development of evidence in police misconduct or negligence cases can also represent an important advantage for clients who could otherwise expect incomplete answers to their questions about just what happened and why.
Our experience with municipal liability claims of all kinds can also help you overcome hurdles concerning notice requirements, sovereign or official immunity claims, and limitations on damages that can complicate any lawsuit against a public entity.
For additional information about our experience with the recovery of damages on behalf of people who have been injured or killed through the misconduct or negligence of police or other public safety officials, contact a police misconduct lawyer in St. Louis at Devereaux, Stokes, Fernandez & Leonard in St. Louis.
* CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties, Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings evaluate two categories–legal ability and general ethical standards.