Traffic laws are put in place to keep everyone safe, but some traffic laws just make you scratch your head.
- In Nevada, it’s illegal to ride a camel on the highway.
- Driving barefoot is illegal in Alabama.
- In Massachusetts, you can be ticketed for driving with a gorilla in the backseat of your car. Front seat? Carry on.
- Heading to Ole Miss? Honking is not permitted in Oxford, as it might scare horses.
- In New Jersey, however, it’s a law TO honk before passing someone.
- In Derby, Kansas, you can get 30 days in jail and the bill for a new set of tires if your caught screeching your tires.
- Getting tired? Don’t use the roads in Eureka, California as a bed, or you’ll be bunking up next to a criminal.
- Some birds actually have the right of way on Utah streets.
- You need a license to skateboard in Florida.
- The sale of yellow margarine (like “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter”) is illegal in Missouri. OKAY – It’s not a traffic law, but Missouri seems to be practical with our driving statutes.
Although these laws can make you chuckle, auto accidents are no laughing matter. Our St. Louis car crash lawyers represent clients in motor vehicle accident claims ranging from simple car accidents or tractor-trailer accidents to automotive product liability claims involving crashworthiness, fuel-fed fire and roll-over injuries as well as seat belt failures and other technical design defect issues.
To learn how you and your family can benefit from our experience with the full range of auto and truck accident claims, contact our office in St. Louis for a free consultation.