A building or property owner has the legal responsibility to maintain safe conditions on a property. When the owner does not do so and a serious injury happens, the accident victim can claim compensation for financial losses and pain and suffering.
If you’ve been seriously injured as a result of a slip and fall or another serious accident on someone else’s property, you have the right to seek damages.We have been handling these types of cases for over 30 years and can help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Contact us or call 314-433-9131 to speak with a lawyer.
What type of accidents fall under premises liability cases?
Premise liability cases can stem from any type of property that’s dangerous or has been neglected. If there is a hidden danger or defect on the property that is not immediately obvious the property owner has a duty to either fix the problem or warn visitors of the danger. Common causes include:
If you have been involved in any of the following, our firm can help you.
- Faulty railings or stairs
- Dangerous swimming pools
- Broken asphalt or concrete
- Negligent or inadequate security
- Poor lighting
- Defective handrails and architectural fixtures
- Construction debris in buildings
- Lack of smoke or carbon monoxide detectors
- Dram shop cases or the over-serving of alcohol to a visibly intoxicated individual who then harms someone else
- Failure to properly clear ice or snow
Read about a $3 million settlement we obtained.
What are common types of premises liability injuries?
Premise liability cases can result in serious injuries, including:
- Slip and falls
- Fires and Burns
- Broken bones
- Serious wounds
What can a premises liability lawyer do for you?
Our St. Louis personal injury lawyers are dedicated to helping accident victims get the medical care and compensation they deserve. We are experienced advocates who work with determination to help our clients get full and complete compensation for their losses, including paying for medical bills, lost time from work, and covering emotional damages. Our team has extensive experience handling truck accidents, catastrophic injuries, and burn injuries.
What should you do after a premises liability accident?
After an accident, evidence about the dangerous conditions can begin to disappear quickly. If you have suffered an injury due to the negligence of a property owner, you need to take action now to protect your ability to obtain compensation. The insurance company may try to place the blame on you for the fall, so it’s important to document the scene and preserve the evidence.
You should take the following steps in order for our team to prepare the best possible case:
- Report the accident to the building owner or store manager
- If possible, document the scene with photos
- Get the names of witnesses who saw what happened
- Look to see if there are any security cameras that captured the incident
- Obtain medical care and follow the instructions of your doctor
- Get the names and phone numbers of any witnesses. Write down your recollection of the accident and its effects on your life
- Call our firm as soon as possible
Our lawyer will work diligently to build a strong and successful case for you. If you have suffered serious injuries, we will place a priority on helping you obtain the medical care and service you need to recover to the fullest extent possible. We will also seek full compensation for lost wages, other financial losses, and your pain and suffering.
Get started building your case today
For a free consultation with a St. Louis premises liability attorney, contact Fernandez Law.